Well you’d know that it’s payday today:) Treated myself to some delicious tuna steaks from Lawlor’s Butchers in Rathmines, it’s a butchers but it has the most amazing fish counter! I bought 2 steaks for €10 which I think is a total bargain..
2 Tuna Steaks
1 packet of Tenderstem broccoli
1 yellow pepper
1 packet of Sugar snap peas
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
Juice of one lime
Small bunch of coriander and mint
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
1 mug of quinoa, uncooked
2 mugs of stock
Salt and pepper
- Best thing to do here is to cook the quinoa first, you’ll need to wash it through a sieve and then place into a pan with double the quantity of stock
- Simmer for 12 mins, the stock should evaporate and leave the quinoa light and fluffy
- Meanwhile chop the pepper, herbs and tomatoes and place into a mixing bowl
- Steam the broccoli and sugarsnaps until al dente and add to the other veggies
- When the quinoa is cooked, leave to cool
- Mix all the veggies, quinoa, vinegar and lime juice and season to give a delicious light salad
- Season the fish with salt and pepper
- Add the sesame oil to a frying or griddle pan and wait until hot!
- Sear the tuna on both sides for 1-2 mins depending on how you like you steak cooked
- Arrange the salad on a plate with the tuna on top and there you go!